Why do you want to work for SoBo Homes?
SoBo Homes is looking for a qualified individual for the Project Developer-Estimator role, who has experience in the remodeling and construction world. This person will be responsible for finalizing the comprehensive project scope and budget for all jobs going to construction. We are looking for a confident, internally-motivated person to help us pioneer this role.
- Use our project management software, Co-Construct
- Figure out and clarify all construction details, from demo, foundation, framing, and finishes.
- Finalize Construction Contract Specifications and Allowance List
- Maintain detailed knowledge of SoBo’s products and details
- Problem solve and collaborate with all involved team members and trade partners
- Send out RFPs and gather cost information
- Communicate budget details and changes with team and clients
- Collaborate with Design Manager on all details
- Collaborate with Project Managers on which trade partners to engage and schedule
- Procure proposals and estimates from trade partners and vendors
- Coordinate with SoBo team and Interior Designers on finish selection details
- Lead on-site pre-construction meetings
- Realistic and achievable budgets
- All info is clear and easy to understand
- Smart solutions are found and dilemmas are solved before they are problems
- Research solutions and products to keep our projects innovative
SoBo Homes’ Project Developer-Estimator position offers a competitive salary (starting $70,000/year), health insurance benefits, a matching IRA contribution, along with other benefits.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoBo Homes is looking for an experienced individual for our new, in-house Interior Designer position, who can help us realize our clients’ dreams. This person will be responsible for making all of our projects look cool and make sense while managing the design phase schedule for all midsize to large projects. Cultivating strong, positive, collaborative relationships with our clients, vendors, showrooms, and SoBo cohorts is incredibly important. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and leadership skills that align with our philosophy. The Interior Designer will be who we rely upon for the successful execution and completion of all design projects and we are beyond excited to bring this position in-house!
- Cabinet design
- Lighting design
- Floor plan flow and feel
- Collaborate with Design Manager and Sales on floorplan and rooflines
- Execute and manage client communications and expectations.
- Regularly review design schedule with client. Ensure staying on schedule; help organize priorities.
- Regularly review allowances and associated costs.
- Organize and execute finish selections.
- Responsible for creating and finalizing interior finish schedules.
- Curate choices for clients. Be point person with clients for choosing interior finishes.
- Work with PD-Estimator to finalize selections and reconcile allowances.
- Communicate with customers regarding change order requests, specific details, pricing.
- Reconcile allowances.
- Order lead time items.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and what’s new.
- Responsible for managing samples.
- Collaborate to finalize plans and selections.
- Act as a design resource for clients and project managers during construction.
- Provide onsite quality control as needed.
- Help provide social media content. Understand platforms and keyword usage.
- Write a monthly blog.
- Clients are excited about their projects
- Clients do not feel overwhelmed, confused, or rushed with making decisions
- SoBo projects feel innovative, interesting, and dynamic
- SoBo team feels comfortable coming to ID with questions and clarifications
- Providing ideas where the client says, “I never would have thought of that; love it!”
- Lead time items show up on time or early
- Clients’ survey responses for the design phase are stellar
- Actual schedule aligns with set baseline schedule.
- Co-Construct schedule is updated with no overdue items
- Finalize ‘undecided’ items in Co-Construct ASAP w/o letting decisions linger
SoBo Homes’ Interior Designer position offers a competitive salary (starting $70,000/year), health insurance benefits, a matching IRA contribution, along with other benefits.
Please apply to email@example.com.
Production Manager The primary job of the Production Manager is to prepare and monitor construction budgets, as well as prep all jobs for construction. They take SoBo Studio’s designs and transition them into construction projects..
Project Developer The primary job of the Project Developer position is to create accurate drawings throughout the design & construction process.
Project Manager The Project Manager controls the actual construction of a project. She/He is given the power to “own” the job: to plan it, schedule and supervise subs, supervise other employees, and deal effectively with the client, as well as perform carpentry.
Swingman (Apprentice) Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. Swingman Carpenter performs general site work, demo, carpentry, and other miscellaneous duties.
Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. A Carpenter performs more framing and interior/exterior trim than the Swingman.
Senior Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. Senior Carpenter: Focuses more on fine carpentry, important and complicated details, cabinet install. Helps train swingmen and carpenters.
Office Manager The Office Manager’s primary role is to manage all administrative activities for SoBo Homes. General duties include completing and managing various activities as instructed by Mike and Eric.
Interested in working at SoBo? Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org