Why do you want to work for SoBo Homes?
SoBo Homes is looking for a qualified individual for the Project Developer-Estimator role, who has experience in the remodeling and construction world. This person will be responsible for finalizing the comprehensive project scope and budget for all jobs going to construction. We are looking for a confident, internally-motivated person to help us pioneer this role.
We are a small design build company in downtown Boulder, specializing in large-scale residential remodels and additions all over Boulder and the surrounding area. So that we can maintain a close relationship with our clients throughout the entire process, we only accept around 15 remodeling projects a year. Our core team has been with us for years, and we hope this new addition to our team has a similar long term career mentality.
- Use our project management software, Co-Construct
- Figure out and clarify all construction details, from demo, foundation, framing, and finishes.
- Finalize Construction Contract Specifications and Allowance List
- Maintain detailed knowledge of SoBo’s products and details
- Problem solve and collaborate with all involved team members and trade partners
- Send out RFPs and gather cost information
- Communicate budget details and changes with team and clients
- Collaborate with Design Manager on all details
- Collaborate with Project Managers on which trade partners to engage and schedule
- Procure proposals and estimates from trade partners and vendors
- Coordinate with SoBo team and Interior Designers on finish selection details
- Lead on-site pre-construction meetings
- Realistic and achievable budgets
- All info is clear and easy to understand
- Smart solutions are found and dilemmas are solved before they are problems
- Research solutions and products to keep our projects innovative
SoBo Homes’ Project Developer-Estimator position offers a competitive salary (starting $70,000/year), health insurance benefits, a matching IRA contribution, among other benefits.
Please apply to email@example.com.
Production Manager The primary job of the Production Manager is to prepare and monitor construction budgets, as well as prep all jobs for construction. They take SoBo Studio’s designs and transition them into construction projects..
Project Developer The primary job of the Project Developer position is to create accurate drawings throughout the design & construction process.
Project Manager The Project Manager controls the actual construction of a project. She/He is given the power to “own” the job: to plan it, schedule and supervise subs, supervise other employees, and deal effectively with the client, as well as perform carpentry.
Swingman (Apprentice) Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. Swingman Carpenter performs general site work, demo, carpentry, and other miscellaneous duties.
Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. A Carpenter performs more framing and interior/exterior trim than the Swingman.
Senior Carpenter The general duties include jobsite production and trade coordination. A SoBo carpenter is also responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and positively representing SoBo Homes Inc. throughout the project. Senior Carpenter: Focuses more on fine carpentry, important and complicated details, cabinet install. Helps train swingmen and carpenters.
Office Manager The Office Manager’s primary role is to manage all administrative activities for SoBo Homes. General duties include completing and managing various activities as instructed by Mike and Eric.
Interested in working at SoBo? Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org