How is SoBo different
- FUN. Life is more enjoyable when you have a positive attitude.
- THE GOLDEN RULE. We treat everyone with respect. We believe in being open and honest at all times. We believe in treating people fairly. We believe in doing the right thing.
- BALANCE. We believe a key to happiness and fulfillment is living a healthy balanced lifestyle. This includes taking care of yourself, your family, and giving back to the community.
OUR DESIGN/BUILD VALUES
- The key to our designs is that we listen to you. We believe that you should have ample opportunity to dream and iterate with us in sculpting your home. We incorporate your ideas into everything we design.
- Your home must flow properly to be successful. We spend a considerable amount of time with each design to create a floorplan that is easy to live with.
- Every square foot should be used wisely.
- Open and bright public spaces are inviting and feel generous.
- Secluded private spaces feel comfortable, intimate, and relaxing.
- Any additional or remodeled spaces need to be in proportion with the rest of your house.
- We always strive to accentuate your property’s virtues and eliminate its shortcomings. You will help us decide what these are.
- We are huge advocates for outdoor spaces that blur the lines between inside and outside.
- Money is always a major part of the process. We consider ourselves to be your personal home advocates. We work to empower you with ideas and costs so that you can make smart financial decisions.
MAKING YOUR HOME AS GREEN AS POSSIBLE
- We pay holistic attention to your home’s energy use (heat, insulation, solar, appliances, etc.).
- As building envelopes get tighter, indoor air quality becomes more important. We highly recommend integrating an Energy Recovery Ventilator (such as this one) into any home that's well sealed.
- We want you and your family’s home to be a healthy place to live and grow.
- We believe one of the most environmentally conscious things you can do with a major addition/remodel is to keep the square footage sensible. We advocate for efficient use of space to keep heating/cooling loads as low as possible.
- We consider ourselves to be the stewards of your home while we’re working on it. We treat your property like it belongs to a family member.
- That means it is clean and safe at all times. It also means we are respectful to your property and your neighbors. In the end, we want your home to work well, age gracefully, and be low maintenance.
- Success in construction is based on 4 things: Schedule, Budget, Quality, & Client Satisfaction. The latter is only achieved if the first 3 are met.