Initial Design ($4,000 Retainer)
The Initial Design phase is how we launch our process. Eric will be your principal designer during this phase.
- Kick-off meeting: The first thing we need to do is get to know each other. We meet with you to gather your ideas, feel your pain, and discuss possibilities. We also do a feasibility study on your project to understand zoning/building/site parameters.
- Initial Design Presentation: We will present 2-3 viable concepts for your home. These plans will include new floorplans & preliminary renderings to inspire you as to what is possible.
- Design Feedback Meeting: This is our first iteration of feedback with you. We listen to your thoughts relating to our initial designs. We will create a new project plan based on your input.
- Scope and Budget: The goal of this phase is to create an accurate budget. The key to this is in creating a comprehensive scope of work. One of the major advantages of working with a design/build company is that the design doesn't evolve without understanding the associated costs. We rally around the design and scope of work that you approve and help drive. As the design develops, we will invite you to join a powerful online software tool called Co-Construct. Please check out www.co-construct.com for more insight. We also create an Allowance List that allocates money for finishes that have yet to be chosen.
Final Design (8% of Anticipated Construction Costs, apply $4K retainer).
The goal of this phase is to lock in all the details for your project.
- This is an iterative process that is coordinated by Mike. He will be your principal designer and will meet with you weekly for about 4 or 5 weeks. We will play with various layouts, rooflines, and design ideas.
- We also provide construction plans and structural engineering, and submit for the required building permits.
- By the end of this phase we'll be ready to sign the Construction Contract.
The goal of this phase is to finalize all interior finishes and prepare for construction.
- You will work with Angela and one of our preferred interior designers to pick finish materials such as tile, plumbing fixtures, hardware.
- We also create detailed drawings and elevations for all bathrooms, fireplaces, kitchens, and other components with complex details.
- Cost: Includes paying for all Ancillary Services. These include interior design, asbestos and lead-based paint testing, soils testing, home energy audits, surveying, engineering, and city and county Plan Check Fees to review permits.